We defend your DNA/RNA during sample collection, transport & storage.
Discover our other products
What is InActiv Blue®
InActiv Blue® is a CE-IVD marked, pathogen (virus, bacterium, yeast) inactivating and RNA stabilizing transport medium for molecular analyses including RT-qPCR. The medium is perfect for preservation of (naso)pharyngeal swabs and saliva before testing.
InActiv Blue® is the CE-IVD application of our DNA/RNA DefendTM buffer
- Perfect for preservation of nasal/throat/nasopharyngeal swabs and saliva
- Complete inactivation of SARS-CoV-2 within 1 minute;
also effective inactivation of vaccinia virus, monkeypox, RSV, H5N1, norovirus, S. aureus, E. coli, C. albicans, M. smegmatis, P. aeruginosa, S. pneumoniae
- Safe and stable preservation of RNA up to 30 days at room temperature
- No cold chain required
- Blue dye as pipetting control
- Independent validation with a range of common RT-qPCR platforms
- CE-IVDR marked
- Mucolytic properties to reduce viscosity in mucus rich samples
- Production and testing of each batch according to the highest quality standards in ISO certified labs